Spain power rates to be de-linked from consumer price index
MADRID Feb 1 (Reuters) - Spain announced on Friday urgent measures to keep down power rates for companies and consumers.
Industry Minister Jose Manuel Soria said at a news conference that adjustments to prices charged by power transmitting and distributing companies would be indexed to core inflation rather than the consumer price index from now on.
He also announced a 2.2 billion euros emergency loan for the industry ministry to help cover any shortfall in the power market this year.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |