Spain power rates to be de-linked from consumer price index
MADRID Feb 1 (Reuters) - Spain announced on Friday urgent measures to keep down power rates for companies and consumers.
Industry Minister Jose Manuel Soria said at a news conference that adjustments to prices charged by power transmitting and distributing companies would be indexed to core inflation rather than the consumer price index from now on.
He also announced a 2.2 billion euros emergency loan for the industry ministry to help cover any shortfall in the power market this year.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources