Clippers' forward Barnes suspended for one game
(Reuters) - Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes has been suspended one game without pay for striking Greg Stiemsma of the Minnesota Timberwolves in the neck, the NBA said on Friday.
The incident occurred during the second quarter of the Clippers' 96-90 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday in Minneapolis.
Barnes will serve his suspension on Friday night when the Clippers visit the Toronto Raptors.
(Reporting by Steve Ginsburg in New Orleans; editing by Gene Cherry)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |