Clippers' forward Barnes suspended for one game
(Reuters) - Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes has been suspended one game without pay for striking Greg Stiemsma of the Minnesota Timberwolves in the neck, the NBA said on Friday.
The incident occurred during the second quarter of the Clippers' 96-90 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday in Minneapolis.
Barnes will serve his suspension on Friday night when the Clippers visit the Toronto Raptors.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |