Clippers' forward Barnes suspended for one game
(Reuters) - Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes has been suspended one game without pay for striking Greg Stiemsma of the Minnesota Timberwolves in the neck, the NBA said on Friday.
The incident occurred during the second quarter of the Clippers' 96-90 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday in Minneapolis.
Barnes will serve his suspension on Friday night when the Clippers visit the Toronto Raptors.
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- U.S. military failed in rescue attempt for journalist Foley |
- Indian firms tool up for defense orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Thai junta leader appointed PM by hand-picked parliament
- Hamas says Israel killed three top Gaza commanders |