Clippers' forward Barnes suspended for one game
(Reuters) - Los Angeles Clippers forward Matt Barnes has been suspended one game without pay for striking Greg Stiemsma of the Minnesota Timberwolves in the neck, the NBA said on Friday.
The incident occurred during the second quarter of the Clippers' 96-90 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday in Minneapolis.
Barnes will serve his suspension on Friday night when the Clippers visit the Toronto Raptors.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds