Magnitude 6.7 quake recorded off Solomon Islands: USGS
London (Reuters) - An earthquake of magnitude 6.7 struck off the coast of the Solomon islands in the Pacific Ocean, the U.S. Geological Survey said on Friday.
The depth of the quake was 10 km (6.2 miles) and the epicenter was 68 km southwest of Lata. The quake hit at 9:16 a.m. local time on Saturday.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not immediately issue any alerts on its website.
(Editing by Sophie Hares)
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- UPDATE 7-U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State