Sharp says small, mid-size panel orders lower than expected
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp (6753.T) said orders for small and medium size panels for smartphones came in below expectations. But television sales improved, a company executive said on Friday.
Sharp reported a rebound to an operating profit in the third quarter, improving the bailed-out consumer electronics maker's chances of convincing lenders and shareholders that it is a viable company.
(Reporting by Reiji Murai)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat