U.S. embassy blast in Turkey suspected terrorist attack: UK mission
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - An explosion at the U.S. embassy in the Turkish capital Ankara on Friday was a suspected terrorist attack, the British Consulate-General in Istanbul said, urging British businesses to be vigilant.
"There has been a suspected terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara. Due to the nature of this incident we advise you to be extra vigilant and to take appropriate security measures to safeguard your staff and assets," the British mission said in a statement.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |