U.S. embassy blast in Turkey suspected terrorist attack: UK mission
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - An explosion at the U.S. embassy in the Turkish capital Ankara on Friday was a suspected terrorist attack, the British Consulate-General in Istanbul said, urging British businesses to be vigilant.
"There has been a suspected terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Ankara. Due to the nature of this incident we advise you to be extra vigilant and to take appropriate security measures to safeguard your staff and assets," the British mission said in a statement.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |