Turkey's Erdogan says U.S. embassy blast was suicide bombing
ANKARA (Reuters) - An attack at the U.S. Embassy in Turkey's capital on Friday that killed two people was a suicide bombing, Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said.
In comments broadcast live by Turkish television, Erdogan called for a global effort to combat "terrorist elements".
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |