Turkey's Erdogan says U.S. embassy blast was suicide bombing
ANKARA (Reuters) - An attack at the U.S. Embassy in Turkey's capital on Friday that killed two people was a suicide bombing, Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan said.
In comments broadcast live by Turkish television, Erdogan called for a global effort to combat "terrorist elements".
(Writing by Ayla Jean Yackley; Editing by Nick Tattersall)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more