Magnitude 6.9 quake strikes Japan's Hokkaido island -USGS
WASHINGTON Feb 2 (Reuters) - A strong magnitude 6.9 quake struck Japan's northern island of Hokkaido near the town of Obihiro on Saturday, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake, initially reported as being offshore and a magnitude 6.8, was 64 miles (103 km) deep and centered just 9 miles (15 km) southwest of Obihiro. (Reporting by Sandra Maler; Editing by Vicki Allen)
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting