Zambia's 2012 copper output falls y/y to 824,976 T
LUSAKA Feb 2 (Reuters) - Copper production in Zambia, Africa's largest producer of the metal, dropped to 824,976 tonnes in 2012 from 881,108 tonnes the previous year, a central bank spokesman said on Saturday.
Copper exports rose to 903,138 tonnes during the period from 832,145 tonnes during the previous twelve months, spokesman Kanguya Mayondi said.
Cobalt production fell to 5,436 tonnes from 7,701 tonnes, but exports of that metal increased to 10,030 from 7,830 tonnes, he added. (Reporting by Chris Mfula; Editing by Peroshni Govender)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port