Capitals' Erskine suspended three games
(Reuters) - Washington Capitals defenseman John Erskine has been suspended for three games for elbowing Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds, the National Hockey League said on Saturday.
The incident occured with time running out in the opening period of the Capitals' 3-2 win over the Flyers on Friday, when Erskine elbowed Simmonds in the head.
No penalty was called on the play but Simmonds did not return to game.
(Reporting by Steve Keating in Toronto; Editing by Mark Lamport-Stokes)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square