Capitals' Erskine suspended three games
(Reuters) - Washington Capitals defenseman John Erskine has been suspended for three games for elbowing Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds, the National Hockey League said on Saturday.
The incident occured with time running out in the opening period of the Capitals' 3-2 win over the Flyers on Friday, when Erskine elbowed Simmonds in the head.
No penalty was called on the play but Simmonds did not return to game.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’