Capitals' Erskine suspended three games
(Reuters) - Washington Capitals defenseman John Erskine has been suspended for three games for elbowing Philadelphia Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds, the National Hockey League said on Saturday.
The incident occured with time running out in the opening period of the Capitals' 3-2 win over the Flyers on Friday, when Erskine elbowed Simmonds in the head.
No penalty was called on the play but Simmonds did not return to game.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ