Hartford Financial posts 4th-quarter loss
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Insurer Hartford Financial Services Group reported a fourth-quarter loss on higher catastrophe losses from superstorm Sandy, which ravaged New York and New Jersey in October.
The company posted a net loss of $46 million, or 13 cents per share, compared with a net income of $118 million, or 23 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, earnings fell 12 percent to 54 cents per share.
The company said in December it expected pretax losses of $370 million in the fourth quarter from the storm.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image