Life Tech 4th quarter profit rises
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Life Technologies Inc, which is undergoing a strategic review that could lead to a sale of the company, on Monday reported higher fourth-quarter profit on increased demand for its Ion Torrent genetic sequencing equipment and growth in emerging markets.
Life posted a net profit of $109.9 million, or 63 cents per share, compared with a profit of $93.1 million, or 51 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding items, the company earned $1.11 per share, matching analysts' average estimate, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Revenue rose 3 percent to $999 million, edging past Wall Street estimates of $989.5 million.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea