US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - Wall St extends losses as S&P falls 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 4 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks added to losses, with the S&P falling 1 percent on Monday as the market retreated from recent gains and data on factory orders fell short of expectations.
The Dow Jones industrial average dropped 134.39 points, or 0.96 percent, to 13,875.40. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index lost 15.16 points, or 1.00 percent, to 1,498.01. The Nasdaq Composite Index fell 39.32 points, or 1.24 percent, to 3,139.77.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South