ADM has not continued talks to buy Graincorp, CEO says
CHICAGO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Archer Daniels Midland Co has not communicated with Australia's Graincorp Ltd since Graincorp rejected a takeover bid in December, ADM's chief executive officer said on Tuesday.
"There's been no further conversation with them since their rejection of our last proposal," ADM Chairman and CEO Patricia Woertz said on an earnings call.
She did not say whether talks had permanently ended.
Graincorp in December rejected a $2.9 billion takeover offer from ADM as too low but said it remained open to higher offers and would hold further talks with its U.S. suitor.
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas militants on Day 6 of Gaza offensive |
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Rape and murder of 13-year-old spark debate in junta-ruled Thailand
- Israeli commandos clash with Hamas gunmen in Gaza raid