ADM has not continued talks to buy Graincorp, CEO says
CHICAGO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Archer Daniels Midland Co has not communicated with Australia's Graincorp Ltd since Graincorp rejected a takeover bid in December, ADM's chief executive officer said on Tuesday.
"There's been no further conversation with them since their rejection of our last proposal," ADM Chairman and CEO Patricia Woertz said on an earnings call.
She did not say whether talks had permanently ended.
Graincorp in December rejected a $2.9 billion takeover offer from ADM as too low but said it remained open to higher offers and would hold further talks with its U.S. suitor.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner