Ally Financial posts profit on tax benefit
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Ally Financial Inc, the auto lender 74 percent-owned by the U.S. government, posted a fourth-quarter profit, helped by a tax benefit.
The Detroit-based company, once the auto lending arm of General Motors Co, said it earned $1.44 billion, in the fourth quarter, compared with a loss of $206 million, a year earlier.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image