Barclays increases mis-selling provisions
LONDON Feb 5 (Reuters) - Britain's Barclays said on Tuesday it had increased the provisions it needed to cover the mis-selling of interest rate hedging products (IRHP) and payment protection insurance (PPI) schemes.
Barclays said following a pilot review, it would now include a provision for IRHP of 850 million pounds ($1.3 billion), which is an increase of 400 million pounds. The provision for the PPI scheme will now reach 2.6 billion pounds, which is an increase of 600 million pounds.
The two figures will be included in the group's full-year results on Feb. 12.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections