Investor Daniel Tisch raises Barnes & Noble stake to 8.1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - Investor Daniel R. Tisch's stake in Barnes & Noble Inc has reached 8.1 percent, according to a regulatory filing on Tuesday, and the U.S. bookstore's shares rose 8 percent.
As of Dec. 31, Tisch and his TowerView LLC investment vehicle held 4,876,000 shares in Barnes & Noble, up from 3,085,000 in January 2012, making Tisch, a member of a prominent New York real estate family, Barnes & Noble's second biggest shareholder after chairman and founder Leonard Riggio.
Shares shot up 8.2 percent to $14.34 in afternoon trading. The company, which reported disappointing holiday sales, is set to report full quarterly results on Nov. 19. (Reporting by Phil Wahba; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats