Brazil banks plan to boost credit in 2013 -minister Mantega
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Brazilian banks plan to boost credit in 2013 to help the economy after limited lending growth in 2012 weighed on economic activity, Finance Minister Guido Mantega told reporters in Brasilia on Tuesday.
Mantega also said it wants Brazilian fuel prices to be "more linked" to world oil prices to help reduce losses at state-controlled oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |