Brazil banks plan to boost credit in 2013 -minister Mantega
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Brazilian banks plan to boost credit in 2013 to help the economy after limited lending growth in 2012 weighed on economic activity, Finance Minister Guido Mantega told reporters in Brasilia on Tuesday.
Mantega also said it wants Brazilian fuel prices to be "more linked" to world oil prices to help reduce losses at state-controlled oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections