Bridgewater to launch new hedge fund - WSJ
Feb 4 (Reuters) - The world's largest hedge fund, Bridgewater Associates, told investors it will launch a new hedge fund this year, and that it had sold a minor equity stake in the firm to an unidentified buyer, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.
The new fund, All Weather Major Markets, will help prevent Bridgewater's $65 billion All Weather Fund from growing too large, the Journal said citing a year-end report to investors the firm issued Jan. 24.
All Weather returned 15.3 percent in 2012, gross of fees, Bridgewater said in the report.
Bridgewater also sold a non-voting stake to an investor, but did not disclose either the size of the stake or the buyer, the Journal said, citing the same report.
Bridgewater, the $120 billion hedge fund run by hedge fund titan Ray Dalio, was not immediately available for comment outside regular business hours.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |