Cardinal profit up on generic drugs, medical products
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Drug wholesaler Cardinal Health Inc said on Tuesday that quarterly earnings had risen 16 percent, driven by increased sales of generic medicines and medical products such as surgical gowns and instruments.
Net earnings in the second quarter ended Dec. 31 rose to $303 million, or 88 cents a share, from $262 million, or 75 cents a share, a year earlier.
Earnings from continuing operations excluding one-time items rose to 93 cents a share from 81 cents.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source