Canadian National Rail plans C$1.9 bln in capital spending
TORONTO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Canadian National Railway Co said on Tuesday it would invest C$1.9 billion ($1.9 billion) in 2013 to upgrade its rail system, improve service and expand its business.
CN Rail will spend C$1 billion on track infrastructure and C$700 million to expand its business to meet customer needs.
It will spend about C$200 million on acquisitions, including locomotives and intermodal equipment. The company expects to take delivery of 40 new and 37 second-hand locomotives over the next 24 months.
- Abbas-led Palestinian body backs Hamas truce demands in Gaza |
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- Microsoft sees end to Nokia losses, shares rise after hours