Emerson Electric profit up 22 percent
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer Emerson Electric Co reported a 22.4 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by shipments of equipment that had been delayed by heavy flooding in Thailand in fall 2011.
The company, whose products include industrial controls, uninterruptible power supplies and home-storage equipment, said net income attributable to common shareholders came to $454 million or 62 cents per share, in the first quarter ended on Dec. 31, compared with $371 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Study of smoking cancer patients fuels e-cigarette debate
- Alibaba IPO ranks as world's biggest after additional shares sold
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on Islamic State militants, nuclear program
- Accused White House intruder is decorated Iraq war veteran