Emerson Electric profit up 22 percent
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer Emerson Electric Co reported a 22.4 percent rise in quarterly profit on Tuesday, helped by shipments of equipment that had been delayed by heavy flooding in Thailand in fall 2011.
The company, whose products include industrial controls, uninterruptible power supplies and home-storage equipment, said net income attributable to common shareholders came to $454 million or 62 cents per share, in the first quarter ended on Dec. 31, compared with $371 million, or 50 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- Solid data, earnings push world stocks higher