Honeywell signs contract to supply avionics systems to Brazil's Embraer
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacture Honeywell International Inc said on Monday that it signed a $2.8 billion lifetime contract to provide Brazil's Embraer SA with avionics for the second generation of its E-Jets.
Honeywell will sell its Primus Epic system, which integrates a plane's avionic systems, to the Brazilian aircraft producer. Avionics include navigation, communications and display systems.
Embraer, the largest regional aircraft producer, said the program will launch later this year and that the planes equipped with the new system will enter service in 2018.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections