Itau Unibanco sees fall in its nonperforming loans outpacing market
SAO PAULO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Itaú Unibanco Holding SA , Brazil's largest lender by market value, sees its nonperforming loans declining at a faster pace than that of the broader market this year, Chief Executive Officer Roberto Egydio Setúbal said in a press conference on Tuesday.
Setúbal added that Itaú Unibanco sees faster credit growth for investments in 2013 and would like to offer more long-term credit, although it needs the proper conditions to compete against state development bank BNDES.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |