Brazil's Itaú Unibanco says net income falls 7 pct in 2012
SAO PAULO Feb 5 (Reuters) - Itaú Unibanco Holding SA , Brazil's largest lender by market value, reported on Tuesday net income of 13.59 billion reais ($6.8 billion) last year, down 7 percent from 2011.
The São Paulo-based lender, also the country's No. 2 commercial lender, ended 2012 with assets worth 1.014 trillion reais, up 19 percent from the prior year.
Fourth-quarter results were not immediately available.
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war