Nikkei loses over 1 pct as euro fears spur profit-taking
TOKYO, Feb 5 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average dropped at Tuesday's open as renewed fears about the debt crisis in peripheral euro zone countries prompted investors to lock in profits following five straight days of gains. The Nikkei dropped 1.3 percent to 11,112.97, while the broader Topix lost 1.1 percent to 944.95.
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane