US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains; Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, with the Nasdaq gaining more than 1 percent, as investors sought bargains following the market's worst daily session since November and more companies reported results that beat Wall Street's expectations.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 114.81 points, or 0.83 percent, at 13,994.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 13.63 points, or 0.91 percent, at 1,509.34. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.81 points, or 0.98 percent, at 3,161.98.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |