US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains; Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, with the Nasdaq gaining more than 1 percent, as investors sought bargains following the market's worst daily session since November and more companies reported results that beat Wall Street's expectations.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 114.81 points, or 0.83 percent, at 13,994.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 13.63 points, or 0.91 percent, at 1,509.34. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.81 points, or 0.98 percent, at 3,161.98.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions