US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St extends gains; Nasdaq up 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks rose on Tuesday, with the Nasdaq gaining more than 1 percent, as investors sought bargains following the market's worst daily session since November and more companies reported results that beat Wall Street's expectations.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 114.81 points, or 0.83 percent, at 13,994.89. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 13.63 points, or 0.91 percent, at 1,509.34. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 30.81 points, or 0.98 percent, at 3,161.98.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image