US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 gains more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 rose more than 1 percent on Tuesday as stronger-than-expected earnings helped the outlook for profit growth while the Nasdaq also traded more than 1 percent higher.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 121.55 points, or 0.88 percent, at 14,001.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 16.25 points, or 1.09 percent, at 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 38.08 points, or 1.22 percent, at 3,169.25.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections