US STOCKS SNAPSHOT - S&P 500 gains more than 1 pct
NEW YORK Feb 5 (Reuters) - The S&P 500 rose more than 1 percent on Tuesday as stronger-than-expected earnings helped the outlook for profit growth while the Nasdaq also traded more than 1 percent higher.
The Dow Jones industrial average was up 121.55 points, or 0.88 percent, at 14,001.63. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was up 16.25 points, or 1.09 percent, at 1,511.96. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 38.08 points, or 1.22 percent, at 3,169.25.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source