Munich Re ups dividend after FY net above expectations
FRANKFURT Feb 5 (Reuters) - Munich Re raised its dividend as it reported 2012 net profit 3.2 billion euros ($4.34 billion), slightly above consensus.
The world's biggest reinsurer said in a statement on Tuesday it planned to raise its dividend for 2012 to 7 euros per share from 6.25 euros.
The preliminary result compares with the 3.13 billion euro average of seven estimates in a Reuters poll and is sharply above earnings of 0.7 billion euros in 2011, which was marred by major losses such as an earthquake in Japan. Poll:
($1 = 0.7376 euros) (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai