Munich Re ups dividend after FY net above expectations
FRANKFURT Feb 5 (Reuters) - Munich Re raised its dividend as it reported 2012 net profit 3.2 billion euros ($4.34 billion), slightly above consensus.
The world's biggest reinsurer said in a statement on Tuesday it planned to raise its dividend for 2012 to 7 euros per share from 6.25 euros.
The preliminary result compares with the 3.13 billion euro average of seven estimates in a Reuters poll and is sharply above earnings of 0.7 billion euros in 2011, which was marred by major losses such as an earthquake in Japan. Poll:
($1 = 0.7376 euros) (Reporting by Jonathan Gould)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols