- Frenetic search for survivors as 91 feared dead in tornado-hit Oklahoma |
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Dollar firms as Fed suspense builds, shares off highs |
- IRS officials back on Capitol Hill hot seat over targeting
CORRECTED-Sirius XM's profit rises in fourth quarter
(Corrects second paragraph to say fourth quarter, not third quarter)
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Satellite radio provider Sirius XM Radio Inc posted on Tuesday higher quarterly revenue and sales for the fourth quarter, as it added subscribers.
Net income rose to $156.2 million, or 2 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, compared with $71.3 million, or 1 cent per share, a year earlier.
The New York-based company said total revenue rose 14 percent to $892.4 million.
Analysts had expected revenue of $898.65 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Sirius XM previously said it had added 2 million subscribers in 2012, bringing its total subscriber base to 23.9 million. (Reporting By Liana B. Baker; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this