Barclays chairman says new non-execs "in the pipeline"
LONDON (Reuters) - Barclays Plc's chairman said he has more new non-executive directors "in the pipeline" to join as part of his plan to shake-up the British bank after a string of scandals.
David Walker said he expected more non-executives to be announced later this year. He was testifying to UK lawmakers at a parliamentary inquiry into banking industry standards, who asked if cultural problems at the bank were "endemic".
(Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by Matt Scuffham)
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Bitter cold, ice slam U.S. East Coast; South still freezing
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote