- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
A huge tornado tears through the Oklahoma City suburb of Moore, killing dozens. Slideshow
Mexico says Pemex blast caused by gas build-up, not explosives
MEXICO CITY |
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - A deadly blast that killed at least 37 people at Mexican state oil monopoly Pemex's headquarters in Mexico City was caused by a build up of gas, the government said on Monday.
Attorney General Jesus Murillo said no trace of explosives was found at the site of the explosion, the latest in a string of safety lapses to hit the oil monopoly. New President Enrique Pena Nieto is seeking to push through a major overhaul of Pemex.
(Reporting by Lorena Segura; Writing by Simon Gardner; Editing by Dave Graham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this