Fed's Duke says U.S. housing sector picking up steam
WASHINGTON Feb 5 (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is growing at a decent clip with help from a recovering housing sector, despite a weak reading on fourth-quarter gross domestic product, Federal Reserve Board Governor Elizabeth Duke said on Tuesday.
"I'm on the optimistic side on where we are," Duke said in response to questions following a speech on community banking. "There's some momentum building particularly in the area of housing."
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |