Fed's Duke says U.S. housing sector picking up steam
WASHINGTON Feb 5 (Reuters) - The U.S. economy is growing at a decent clip with help from a recovering housing sector, despite a weak reading on fourth-quarter gross domestic product, Federal Reserve Board Governor Elizabeth Duke said on Tuesday.
"I'm on the optimistic side on where we are," Duke said in response to questions following a speech on community banking. "There's some momentum building particularly in the area of housing."
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media