Allstate posts lower 4th-quarter profit on Sandy claims
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Home and auto insurer Allstate Corp's quarterly profit fell 45 percent, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company posted net income of $394 million, or 81 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, compared with $712 million, or $1.40 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Allstate earned 59 cents per share.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter