Allstate posts lower 4th-quarter profit on Sandy claims
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Home and auto insurer Allstate Corp's quarterly profit fell 45 percent, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company posted net income of $394 million, or 81 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, compared with $712 million, or $1.40 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Allstate earned 59 cents per share.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |