Allstate posts lower 4th-quarter profit on Sandy claims
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Home and auto insurer Allstate Corp's quarterly profit fell 45 percent, hurt by losses from superstorm Sandy.
The company posted net income of $394 million, or 81 cents per share, in the fourth quarter, compared with $712 million, or $1.40 per share, a year earlier.
On an operating basis, Allstate earned 59 cents per share.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin