France wants euro rate discussed at Eurogroup, G20 talks
PARIS Feb 6 (Reuters) - French Finance Minister Pierre Moscovici said he plans to bring up the issue of the euro's exchange rate, which Paris believes is too strong, at the next Eurogroup meeting on Feb. 11.
"We have a meeting of the Eurogroup on Monday and a ministerial G20 meeting, the first under the Russian presidency, on Feb. 15 and 16," he said. "I will bring up the question."
President Francois Hollande said on Tuesday that the euro zone should agree on a "medium-term" exchange rate for the euro and act on global markets to protect its interests.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'