Gildan posts profit on robust printwear sales
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Canadian clothing maker Gildan Activewear Inc posted a profit for its first quarter, driven by gains in its printwear business.
The company reported a net income of $35.3 million, or 29 cents per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 30, compared with a loss of $46.1 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Montreal-based Gildan's net sales rose 39 percent to $420.8 million.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans