Gildan posts profit on robust printwear sales
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Canadian clothing maker Gildan Activewear Inc posted a profit for its first quarter, driven by gains in its printwear business.
The company reported a net income of $35.3 million, or 29 cents per share, for the quarter ended Dec. 30, compared with a loss of $46.1 million, or 38 cents per share, a year earlier.
Montreal-based Gildan's net sales rose 39 percent to $420.8 million.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea