Handelsbanken says awaiting capital rules to set dividend policy
STOCKHOLM Feb 6 (Reuters) - Sweden's Handelsbanken said on Wednesday it was waiting for the finalization of capital rules before deciding on dividend policy and on whether to buy back shares.
"I believe absolutely one can use buy backs if all regulations are in place," CEO Par Boman told analysts and reporters at a presentation of the company's fourth-quarter results.
Swedish banks are among the best capitalised banks in Europe.
(Reporting by Mia Shanley and Oskar von Bahr)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote