Handelsbanken says awaiting capital rules to set dividend policy
STOCKHOLM Feb 6 (Reuters) - Sweden's Handelsbanken said on Wednesday it was waiting for the finalization of capital rules before deciding on dividend policy and on whether to buy back shares.
"I believe absolutely one can use buy backs if all regulations are in place," CEO Par Boman told analysts and reporters at a presentation of the company's fourth-quarter results.
Swedish banks are among the best capitalised banks in Europe.
(Reporting by Mia Shanley and Oskar von Bahr)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions