Astenbeck hedge fund up 4 pct in January after platinum rally
NEW YORK Feb 6 (Reuters) - Prominent commodities trader Andy Hall's $5 billion hedge fund, Astenbeck Capital Management, rose over 4 percent last month, its highest gain since November, after a surge in platinum group metals prices, the fund said in a monthly letter to investors.
Hall said he anticipated PGMs "have much further to travel" after last month's rally. Platinum had its best month in a year in January, rising 9 percent.
"January has turned out to be a good month for most risky assets and our portfolio has benefited accordingly," Hall wrote in the letter dated Feb. 1 and seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief