Astenbeck hedge fund up 4 pct in January after platinum rally
NEW YORK Feb 6 (Reuters) - Prominent commodities trader Andy Hall's $5 billion hedge fund, Astenbeck Capital Management, rose over 4 percent last month, its highest gain since November, after a surge in platinum group metals prices, the fund said in a monthly letter to investors.
Hall said he anticipated PGMs "have much further to travel" after last month's rally. Platinum had its best month in a year in January, rising 9 percent.
"January has turned out to be a good month for most risky assets and our portfolio has benefited accordingly," Hall wrote in the letter dated Feb. 1 and seen by Reuters on Wednesday.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown