Intact Financial profit soars on investment gains
Feb 6 (Reuters) - Canadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said fourth-quarter profit more than doubled, helped by higher investment gains.
Intact, Canada's largest property and casualty insurer, earned C$181 million, or C$1.32 per share, in the quarter ended Dec 31., up from C$84 million, or 62 Canadian cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, it earned C$1.51 per share
Net investment gains were C$30 million in the fourth quarter, compared with a loss of C$7 million a year earlier.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets