Japan's Suga: won't comment on what level of yen weakness is appropriate
TOKYO Feb 6 (Reuters) - Japan's top government spokesman declined on Wednesday to comment on the level of yen weakness the government thinks is appropriate.
Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga, speaking to reporters, also said that he was keeping an eye on recent currency moves.
Earlier on Wednesday, the yen slumped to a 33-month low against the dollar on expectations that the Bank of Japan will bring forward aggressive monetary easing.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet