J.C. Penney CEO says retailer to return to growth this year
Feb 6 (Reuters) - J.C. Penney Co Inc Chief Executive Ron Johnson still believes the department store operator will return to growth in 2013 despite dramatic sales declines in fiscal 2012, he told CNBC in an interview on Wednesday.
Johnson also said the retailer will continue to be able to use cash generated from its operations to fund the multi-year transformation of its 700 largest stores into a collection of 100 boutiques in each. Penney is still on track to open 30 of those this year, he added.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins