Kazakhs to merge pension assets into state-run fund by July
ASTANA Feb 6 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan aims to merge its private pension fund assets into one state-run pension fund by July 1 this year, Deputy Prime Minister Kairat Kelimbetov said in a statement on Wednesday.
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev ordered the government last month to merge the country's private pension funds and deploy billions of dollars of their assets to sustain rapid growth rates, without raiding the strategic oil fund. (Reporting by Raushan Nurshayeva; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Hans-Juergen Peters)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |