Kazakhs to merge pension assets into state-run fund by July
ASTANA Feb 6 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan aims to merge its private pension fund assets into one state-run pension fund by July 1 this year, Deputy Prime Minister Kairat Kelimbetov said in a statement on Wednesday.
Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev ordered the government last month to merge the country's private pension funds and deploy billions of dollars of their assets to sustain rapid growth rates, without raiding the strategic oil fund. (Reporting by Raushan Nurshayeva; Writing by Dmitry Solovyov; Editing by Hans-Juergen Peters)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |