Spain's Mapfre reports 31 pct fall in 2012 net profit
MADRID Feb 6 (Reuters) - Spanish insurer Mapfre reported on Wednesday a 31 percent drop in full-year profit to 665.7 million euros ($900.6 million), owing to provisions and a faltering domestic market.
Mapfre's revenues rose 7.5 percent to 25.3 billion euros in 2012, lifted by overseas business particularly in Brazil and the United States. ($1 = 0.7392 euros) (Reporting by Clare Kane; Editing by Paul Day)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official