Spain's Mapfre reports 31 pct fall in 2012 net profit
MADRID Feb 6 (Reuters) - Spanish insurer Mapfre reported on Wednesday a 31 percent drop in full-year profit to 665.7 million euros ($900.6 million), owing to provisions and a faltering domestic market.
Mapfre's revenues rose 7.5 percent to 25.3 billion euros in 2012, lifted by overseas business particularly in Brazil and the United States. ($1 = 0.7392 euros) (Reporting by Clare Kane; Editing by Paul Day)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police