CANADA STOCKS-TSX turns positive, materials offset Suncor decline
TORONTO, Feb 6 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index turned positive on Wednesday after opening lower, as rising material stocks followed gold prices higher, offseting a decline in Suncor Energy Inc after Canada's largest oil company reported a loss. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 22.52 points, or 0.18 percent, at 12,768.17 shortly after the open.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South