Millennium BCP says in talks with Piraeus on Greek unit
LISBON Feb 6 (Reuters) - Millennium BCP, Portugal's largest listed bank by assets, said on Wednesday it is in talks with Piraeus Bank over the possible sale of its loss-making Greek unit.
It said in a statement that the discussions are ongoing and no decision has been made yet.
In November, Millennium said it had received several non-binding offers for its Greek operation. In the first nine months of last year Millennium reported losses at its Greek operation of 532 million euros.
(Reporting By Axel Bugge)
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |