Millennium BCP says in talks with Piraeus on Greek unit
LISBON Feb 6 (Reuters) - Millennium BCP, Portugal's largest listed bank by assets, said on Wednesday it is in talks with Piraeus Bank over the possible sale of its loss-making Greek unit.
It said in a statement that the discussions are ongoing and no decision has been made yet.
In November, Millennium said it had received several non-binding offers for its Greek operation. In the first nine months of last year Millennium reported losses at its Greek operation of 532 million euros.
(Reporting By Axel Bugge)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief