Millennium BCP says in talks with Piraeus on Greek unit
LISBON Feb 6 (Reuters) - Millennium BCP, Portugal's largest listed bank by assets, said on Wednesday it is in talks with Piraeus Bank over the possible sale of its loss-making Greek unit.
It said in a statement that the discussions are ongoing and no decision has been made yet.
In November, Millennium said it had received several non-binding offers for its Greek operation. In the first nine months of last year Millennium reported losses at its Greek operation of 532 million euros.
(Reporting By Axel Bugge)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand