Pireaus in talks to buy Millennium BCP's Greek unit-source
ATHENS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Greece's second-largest lender by assets Piraeus Bank is in talks to acquire Portuguese lender Millennium BCP's Greek unit, a senior executive at the Greek bank said on Wednesday.
"We are in exclusive talks with Millennium, negotiations are not yet concluded," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.
Greek banks are consolidating to cope with the country's debt crisis and a deep recession.
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |