Pireaus in talks to buy Millennium BCP's Greek unit-source
ATHENS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Greece's second-largest lender by assets Piraeus Bank is in talks to acquire Portuguese lender Millennium BCP's Greek unit, a senior executive at the Greek bank said on Wednesday.
"We are in exclusive talks with Millennium, negotiations are not yet concluded," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.
Greek banks are consolidating to cope with the country's debt crisis and a deep recession.
- Ukraine president accuses Russian soldiers of backing rebel thrust |
- Video shows Islamic State executes scores of Syrian soldiers |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers, 81, rushed to New York hospital
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles