Pireaus in talks to buy Millennium BCP's Greek unit-source
ATHENS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Greece's second-largest lender by assets Piraeus Bank is in talks to acquire Portuguese lender Millennium BCP's Greek unit, a senior executive at the Greek bank said on Wednesday.
"We are in exclusive talks with Millennium, negotiations are not yet concluded," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.
Greek banks are consolidating to cope with the country's debt crisis and a deep recession.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'