Pireaus in talks to buy Millennium BCP's Greek unit-source
ATHENS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Greece's second-largest lender by assets Piraeus Bank is in talks to acquire Portuguese lender Millennium BCP's Greek unit, a senior executive at the Greek bank said on Wednesday.
"We are in exclusive talks with Millennium, negotiations are not yet concluded," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.
Greek banks are consolidating to cope with the country's debt crisis and a deep recession.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM