Pireaus in talks to buy Millennium BCP's Greek unit-source
ATHENS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Greece's second-largest lender by assets Piraeus Bank is in talks to acquire Portuguese lender Millennium BCP's Greek unit, a senior executive at the Greek bank said on Wednesday.
"We are in exclusive talks with Millennium, negotiations are not yet concluded," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.
Greek banks are consolidating to cope with the country's debt crisis and a deep recession.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage