Pireaus in talks to buy Millennium BCP's Greek unit-source
ATHENS Feb 6 (Reuters) - Greece's second-largest lender by assets Piraeus Bank is in talks to acquire Portuguese lender Millennium BCP's Greek unit, a senior executive at the Greek bank said on Wednesday.
"We are in exclusive talks with Millennium, negotiations are not yet concluded," the official, who declined to be named, told Reuters.
Greek banks are consolidating to cope with the country's debt crisis and a deep recession.
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. quarantines 'chilling' Ebola fight in West Africa: MSF
- UPDATE 7-Four dead, five injured after plane crashes at Kansas airport
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt
- Ukraine, Russia, EU agree to natural gas supply deal